Monday, June 1, 2009

Craziness aka Job and Kenya

So............I HAVE A JOB!!! I know, crazy right!
It's a really long story, but bottom line is that, after much stress and deciding to TURN DOWN a job at the CW, they made me ANOTHER offer, causing me more stress but ultimately leading to me ACCEPTING the offer! I'll be working for Sales of New Business, meaning I'm coming in without a client list and have to find all of my own clients to sell air time too, which is terrifying, but I get 20% commission on all sales, which is AWESOME (WTAE, the place i was at this summer, only gives 10%, so that should give you a better idea). The reason I originally turned it down was that they were only going to give me 6 months salary before I had to live solely off of commission, but they called back and said they would give me 9 months, so now I have 9 months to establish a client list and I can live off of. While sales isn't what I ultimately want to do, I feel like it will be a good start. I mean, what's the worst that can happen, I earn some money while developing interpersonal skills I will need for life and do tons of networking (which is really the key, I'll be working with ad agency's which is where I ultimately want to work and other marketing departments). I really like the people I'll be working for as well, in fact, they are the reason I actually took it. And get this: I get to write off my cable bill on my tax forms because it's considered "competitive analysis"! Crazy! And, I get a blackberry and they pay my cell phone bill.

So, the second piece of craziness is that my treck to Kenya starts tomorrow. I'm taking a bus from D.C. to N.Y at 11:30 and will arrive at around 4:15. Then I have to help Javin with shopping for his sister (he said she sent him a huge list, mainly of makeup stuff, and he nearly cried looking at it so desperately needs my help), get dinner with Neha, then sleep over at his aunts in Brooklyn. Then we'll leave at 8 in the morning to head to the airport for our LONG trip. He's going to call the airport tonight to see if we can get seats next to each other, and I really hope he can otherwise it will be even worse.

Ok, well that's all I have. I'm going to try my best to write while I'm in Kenya, but I'm not sure how successful I'll be considering that Javin's house doesn't have internet connection. But don't worry, I'll give you a full report when I get back.
Other than that, I LOVE YOU ALL LIKE CRAZY!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment