Friday, June 5, 2009

safe and sound in kenya

To the loves of my life:
I am officially in Kenya and still cannot believe it! Here's a quick recap of everything so far:\
The plane ride wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. the plane was AWESOME, soooooooo many movies to choose from and games and music. they were also constantly feeding us which, lets be honest, we all know that i greatly enjoyed. javin and i were also able to get our seats together so that was good.The second flight was more of a drag. the woman who sat next to me kept elbowing me in the side. i slept most of it though. but when it was time to wake up, my eyes were burning because they didn't want to stay open.i made it through customs with no problems and javin's mom met us with a beautiful boque of flowers with white and red roses for me, it was very sweet.

we just hung out at his house, which is really nice. the only problem is this dirt road you have to take to get to the estate where he lives, it was the bumpiest thing ever (imagine the road that goes down past mavima at camp fitch). but the house itself is really nice, and quite a good size. i have my own room (his sisters) with a bathroom attached to it.

basically, we spent the whole night desperately trying to keep our eyes open. they forced me to stay awake till 8pm, at which point i immediately went to bed. javin managed to stay up to 10:30 apparently, i have no idea how. i was exhausted. needless to say, i immediately passed out without any problem.

Right now, we are at an internet cafe in one of the main malls. i'm not sure what we are going to do the rest of the day because apparently traffic is horrific on fridays and it's nearly impossible to get anywhere. and speaking of traffic, oh my gosh! there are no such things as lanes, it's just a free for all. quite scary actually.

let's see, the other things i've been surprised at are the fact that everything is in English (even the road signs and all of the stores) and the maid that does EVERYTHING at his house. I felt so bad just leaving my dishes out on the table, but, apparently that's what you are suppose to do. And breakfast was waiting for us on the table when we finally woke up this morning.

That's about all i have right now. I know there will be more to come and hopefully i'll be able to keep you updated.

Much love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment