Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Because I've been so neglectful...

...and I don't want Krystle to harass me about not writing anything.

So...I guess so far this summer a lot has happened, just kinda a little bit of a lot. As most of you know I spend a week in Memphis, TN over my birthday for a horse show. It was fun. It was the first time I kinda got to act like my college self in my home environment. Very strange but it was alright. There was a boy. Nothing came of it (as some of you may know from my moping; BUT apparently May is trying to play fairy-godmother so we'll see...). The week was pretty relaxed just spent a lot of time by the pool and hanging out with my little Mason man (which if you haven't heard FINALLY said my name and now uses it on a regular basis :) ).

The only other thing I've done was last week when Nadine and I went to Myrtle with my family. Hopefully then didn't scare her too bad; I'm sure our friendship will hold strong! No, seriously it was a lot of fun. It was funny though because when my stepmom was having some wine Nadine and I asked for a glass as well and my Dad poured us just a little bit less than what he had poured her. We laughed at him. He claims he did it because he didn't know if we would like it, but I think he just still thinks I'm 5 years old. It's gonna take him a little while. Nadine and I went to Broadway on the Beach one night (which was actually a little weird without the rest of y'all there) and we went out to a couple of the clubs there. Nothing too crazy, though Nadine was in a happy place. I guess the best story of the night was while we were dancing these 3 boys came up and two of them were dancing around her acting like little gangsta white boys (they thought they were the shit) and Nadine just looks at them and then flicks the guy's hat across the dance floor. It was hilarious! By far my favorite memory of that night. But yes, I believe Nadine had a very good time...as many of you probably could tell from the lovely little drunk texts she sent on the car drive back :) (love you boo!).

Other than that I've just been working camp at our barn. The children are precious, but the heat this summer has got to be the worst its been in years.

I leave for Europe on Friday!!!!! I can't wait! I get to go to Rome, Florence, Naples, Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Istanbul and Ephesis. I'm very excited and I'm sure I will come back with TONS of pictures and plenty of good stories to share. I miss you all terribly. I will try to give each of you a call before I leave, but if not know that I love you and I will talk with you as soon as I get back. Keep having fun! Can't wait to see you all at the end of the month!

Lots of love,
Linds

No comments:

Post a Comment