Saturday, May 23, 2009

Off to Italy in the morning

I don't have much to talk about but since I will be gone for a week I thought I would make a post before I go.

I'm leaving for Italy in the morning and I couldn't be more excited. Even though dumbass Dan booked his flight to the wrong airport after I reminded him a hundred times FCO FCO FCO and we have no living arrangements or ways to get from place to place I am very uncharacteristically being all "screw it I'll sleep in a tent if it comes down to it." I actually feel like it's good to go without plans- one last college age crazy huzzah for the road before I start cutting up people and all that good stuff.

Other than that I haven't been up to much this week. I stopped in DC on the way up to look for places to live and was unfortunately very disappointed by the ones that I actually visited. But lots of new ones have been posted on craigslist and they look promising. I may end up living in the Rosslyn/Arlington area rather than actual DC because it has nicer/cheaper options and I would feel safer living alone there (for the month I'll be alone) than I would in DC.

I also got a Georgetown Medicine hoodie and a Georgetown medicine tee-shirt and a Georgetown medicine car sticker and even a Georgetown medicine pen because I will totally be that kid that will be decked out head to toe (except the days I am rocking my Wake stuff). To be fair I just wanted the hoodie but my mom insisted on the other stuff.

My parents forced me out for drinks late afternoon yesterday and I was splendidly drunk after only four Cape Codders and by 7pm. Then we went to meet their friends that they spent their married-but-no-kids-yet days with and wayyyyy too much information was given out. I won't be specific but there was talk of a lacy white something or other that was stolen from my parents room on a ski trip and OMIGAH my ears were bleeding. Also I was in bed by 9pm. I am so cool it is unbelievable.

Anyways this was a great idea Krystle. I miss you girls so much! We are definitely going to have to have a get together before the summer is over. I will be heading back to DC probably end of June in order to finalize apartment plans and then at the end of July to move in (orientation begins August 4th ahhh!) so maybe we can try to do something around then, DC is pretty central and we could even do Philly because I know A has been trying to get you all there forever. Can't wait to tell you all how much fun I had in Italy and show you pictures! I'll be back in a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment