Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Means Less Than a Month!

Hello loves!

Less than a month til we all see each other! And I'm getting really excited. Amy I can't wait to hear about Kenya, Lindsey I can't wait to hear about Europe, and everyone else I can't wait to hear about all that's been going on with yall! Arienne, I haven't heard from you in awhile especially... how are you doing, Boo? And roommate Boo, how is Sebastian's visit going? I'm sure it's stellar and wonderful and amazing and I kind of wish I'd gone to Vegas so I could have met him.
Vegas? Why would I go to Vegas? And why in hell am I not there right now? Well, Andrew Davis is there watching Tuttle play in a high-stakes World Series of Poker tournament, and he asked me to go with him. I was this close to going (really really close) because I've never been to Vegas and Bryony lives close enough to drive down with Sebastian for the day so we would have been able to meet, but I decided about 3 weeks ago that I didn't have the funds (plane tickets alone were $350!) so I did not go. Instead... I went to see Mike. And I'm not sure why, because we haven't really been on great terms lately; we were okay for a little while and then he went back to angry for a little while. This weekend was interesting, though. It went well and we had fun, but it was hard for both of us. Things are complicated there, and I can't really explain it via internet. I was there from Friday through Sunday, and while it was strange I'm really glad I went. He said he was glad I was there too, and I think maybe we'll be able to be friends with time.
In other news, I have a place to live and a roommate and an internship in Charleston! Went with Andrew Davis two weeks ago to look at housing, and I almost signed the lease on a great duplex but the owner called me an hour after I left from looking at it and said that she had given the place to another girl who came to look earlier. That was frustrating, but I ended up dragging Andrew around Charleston the next day to 3 other places and found a good one in the same neighborhood as the first one, so luckily I officially have a place to live in a nice, safe neighborhood about 10 minutes from the beach and 20 minutes from downtown/CofC. I also had applied to an internship doing research for a historical group looking at old documents about Civil War soldiers, basically what I think I want to do forever, and I met with the guy I'll be working with at a rooftop bar. We talked for about an hour, and got along really well! I'm super excited to start working with them, and all I need is to find a part-time paying job and I'll be set. It's going to be a busy fall semester with 3 classes, an internship, a job, and Domino, but staying busy is the best way to meet people!
Also I miss you all, and I really cannot wait to see you. Jess, I know you'll be moving in that weekend but I think I'm going to be staying with high school friends for a little while after everyone else leaves and I'd really like to at least eat a meal with you if possible. And to all of yall who know my former roomie Allison, she says hello! I've been talking to her a lot this summer because she is kind of my support system, and she wanted me to say hey hey hey to everyone.
Miss you all! Less thana month!
Love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment